Papers must be formatted according to the templates and submitted electronically through the EasyChair web site (see the instructions on online submission). Submitted papers will undergo the normal review process of the symposium, and accepted papers will be included in the conference proceedings, which will be distributed to the participants at the conference site. Papers must describe unpublished work. Authors should not submit papers with the same results or essentially the same results that are accepted or published or under review by a conference with refereed proceedings or a journal.
English is the working language of ISS 2017.
Requirements for electronic files:
Papers should be submitted electronically in PDF file. Make sure that all fonts used in the paper are EMBEDDED. A way to check this:
- Open your PDF file in Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader.
- "File" -> "Properties" -> "Fonts" (i.e., from the "File" menu, select "Properties", and from the "Document Properties" dialog box, click on the "Fonts" tab).
- On the fonts tab, "Embedded" or "Embedded Subset" must appear next to every font.
The manuscript should be 6 pages or less in the format. Do NOT insert any headers, footers, or page numbers.
Templates for papers:
- [Word (docx)] iss17wordstyle.docx
- [LaTeX] ssjiss.cls, reference.bib, sample-iss2017.tex
- [PDF] sample-iss2017.pdf
Special Issue in JAMDSM:
Special issue on "Advanced Production Scheduling" is planned in the Journal of Advanced Mechanical Design, Systems, and Manufacturing (JAMDSM), the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers (JSME).